JMG-AD

King Charles diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace announces

google news icon

According to Buckingham Palace, King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 75-year-old king was recently diagnosed while receiving treatment for a benign enlarged prostate at the London Clinic.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: “During the king’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

“His majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties.

“Throughout this period, his majesty will continue to undertake state business and official paperwork as usual.

“The king is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.

“His majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

Buckingham Palace was not releasing any further details at this stage.
The king is understood to have personally informed his sons, William and Harry, and his three siblings – the Princess Royal, Duke of Edinburgh and Duke of York – of his diagnosis.

The Duke of Sussex had spoken to the king about his cancer diagnosis and would be travelling to the UK to see him in the coming days, a source close to Harry said.
“The duke did speak with his father about his diagnosis. He will be traveling
to UK to see his majesty in the coming days,” the source added.

It is understood that the diagnosis is not of prostate cancer, in light of his separate diagnosis of benign prostate enlargement.
The king is understood to have returned to London from Sandringham on Monday morning to begin treatment as an outpatient.
The king was last seen in public at Sandringham on Sunday to attend a church service with the queen, which was the first time he had been seen since he was discharged from the London Clinic.

He smiled and waved to wellwishers as he walked to St Mary Magdalene church in Sandringham, Norfolk.
The announcement brought a stream of messages from wellwishers.

The prime minister, Rishi Sunak, reacted to the news by tweeting: “Wishing his majesty a full and speedy recovery. I have no doubt he’ll be back to full strength in no time and I know the whole country will be wishing him well.”
The Labour leader, Keir Starmer, wished the king “all the very best for his recovery”.

He tweeted: “On behalf of the Labour party, I wish his majesty all the very best for his recovery. We look forward to seeing him back to swift full health.”

The Commons speaker, Sir Lindsay Hoyle, told MPs: “I know the whole house will wish to join me in expressing our sympathies with his majesty the king following the news announcement this evening.

“Our thoughts are, of course, with his majesty and his family, and we’d all wish to send him our very best wishes for the successful treatment and a speedy recovery following tonight’s news.”

Charles is postponing public-facing duties while undergoing treatment at the same time as the Princess of Wales also postpones her public engagements while recuperating from the abdominal surgery she underwent, also at the London Clinic.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, had determined to keep her medical details private. But with her also out of action – she is not expected to return to public duties until after Easter – it presents problems for the monarchy, which is significantly diminished in the number of working royals because of the departure of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Kensington Palace announced earlier on Monday that the Prince of Wales, who took time off while his wife was in hospital, would resume public duties this week by conducting an investiture on Wednesday at Windsor Castle, followed by a gala fundraising event for the London Air Ambulance in the evening.
The king has largely enjoyed good health throughout his life. The first signs of any significant concern came with Buckingham Palace’s surprise announcement on 17 January that he had sought treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The palace stressed that his condition was benign and that he would attend hospital the following week for a corrective procedure.

He was said to be personally keen to share details of his benign prostate diagnosis to encourage other men who may be experiencing symptoms to get themselves checked.

Mzaad
Chancery-Solicitors-Ad-banner-v2-updated

Next Post

'It is so hard to argue the case for Black and Asian Brits to join the police force'

Tue Feb 6 , 2024
Follow us on Google News to get latest news When I first noticed appeals for Black and Asian individuals to enlist in the police, I was a teenager. It attracted me because I lived in London and saw firsthand how many individuals I knew were unfairly singled out by the […]
Baroness Louise Casey answering questions

You May Like

Subscribe Our Newsletter

Daily Dazzling Dawn is the first and only international and non-profitable newspaper, which is 100% ownership of professional journalists from Bangladeshi origin with 20 years of experience in global journalism. The main aim of the newspaper is promoting ethical journalism with truth, accuracy and proficiency.

Editor in Chief

Dulal Ahmed Chowdhury

Dulal Ahmed Chowdhury is the Editor of The Daily Dazzling Dawn. Previously, he has been serving in important positions in all the famous national dailies of the Bangladesh since the nineties. He has played a commendable role in journalism by participating in various events at the national and international levels. United Nations Conference, World Climate Conference, SAARC Summit are notable among them.

Quick Jump

error: Content is protected !!